Charisma 99 central locking problem

The Central locking on the Charisma first of all the Boot stopped locking, I replaced the solenoid but the replacement does not work either so I assume it is a more deep rooted problem, and now half the time when I go to unlock from the drivers door half the time it will manually unlock the door but sometimes will not operate the central locking, after 2 or 3 times the central locking will usually operate.

The interior switch on the console seems to work all 4 doors reliably but not the boot.

Can anybody tell be where the electronics for the central locking control unit are so I can check the connections?

-- ButIstillneedtoknowwhat'sinthere! Thekeytoanysecurity systemishowit'sdesigned! Thatdependsonwhyitwasdesigned! Ihavetoknowwhatwhoeverdesigneditwastryingtoprotect! (Blakes 7, City on the Edge of the World - Vila in typical panic mode)

Reply to
Luke Curtis

The Central locking on the Charisma first of all the Boot stopped locking, I replaced the solenoid but the replacement does not work either so I assume it is a more deep rooted problem, and now half the time when I go to unlock from the drivers door half the time it will manually unlock the door but sometimes will not operate the central locking, after 2 or 3 times the central locking will usually operate.

The interior switch on the console seems to work all 4 doors reliably but not the boot.

Can anybody tell be where the electronics for the central locking control unit are so I can check the connections?

Reply to
Jeff Dawson

replying to Luke Curtis, gbnl wrote: I have just replayed my carisma with a new (old) carisma, and my new car is having this identical problem. Did you ever figure out what caused the issue?

Reply to
gbnl