e type engine

I have a 1970 e-type jag. Recently I changed oil and had to add 10 quarts of oil to get a reading of the oil level at the bottom of the oil dip stick. I wonder if I have the correct dip stick for my jag. Can someone tell me the correct length of the oil dip stick from the stop to the bottom end of the oil dip stick for a 1970 e type jag with an original 4.2 liter engine. Thanks.

Gary

Reply to
GTK

inetcaster
10 quarts is the correct capacity of my 1969 E-type with the 4.2L.

Chris

Reply to
Daddio_51