Problems with lights on Jaguar E-Type 1970

Hello,

I'm looking for electrical schemes of the roadster E-Type 4.2 1970.

Crossing lights work, but road lights don't work.

Thanks from France

Stef

Reply to
Stéphane San

Hi Stef, When that happens on mine it is in the switch itself. On mine repeatedly turning it on and off a few times makes it work. (I should really replace it).

You can test if it is the switch > Hello,

Reply to
inetcaster

Q: Why do the British drink warm beer?

A: Their refrigerators were made by Lucas

Reply to
me

Hi,

inetcaster a pensé très fort :

Thank you. I tested the switch by touching the wires together. Crossing lights work, but road lights don't work.

I think there is a relay in another place. But I don't know where I can find it.

Reply to
Stéphane San

Be sure to check the fuse. In fact I would try replacing the fuse even if the one you have looks OK. It seems that the original British fuses were made with fuse wire rather than a shaped conductor. The wire is attached to the indented end caps with a drop of solder. What can happen is that the solder can melt and drip off, leaving the wire in loose contact with the cap. It will pass a small amount of current, but look like an open circuit to a heavy draw. It happened to me on the circuit that runs the fan motors and horn relay. The horn would blow, but the fans wouldn't run (equalling an overheating engine). I found the problem when I burned my fingers removing the fuse (Yes - it was HOT!).

BTW - I have a '70 E-Type Coupe.

David Johnson

Reply to
Dave