Going faster...

I've had a few xj40's and I notice a huge difference in the indicated top speed and accelleration across the years.

It seemed to happen after 1989...

My 89 sovereign used to do an indicated top whack of around 145, BUt my 1990 seemed only good for 135. My 1994 Dainler seems reluctant to top 125, although in fairness, here in the uk there are very few facilties where once can safely test a vehicles full performance, but never the less, I miss the advantagee that my old cars offered in accelleration, if nothng else.

I want to stick with the straight six motor, but use as modern a car as is possible. Would a supercharged car restore the missing sparkle?

Does any one else ( rarely in my case, admittedly, but I want it when I want it :c) drive fast, and do you have opinions as to which is the best, straightsix, "drivers car"?

Reply to
180quidXJ40