INFO on Fuse 6 and Brake Work for 1991 Jaguar XJ6 Sovereign

Dear All,

I am getting a fail fuel 29 code and a fail fuse 6 code as well. I can see with my manual that the fuel 29 code indicates that the ECU is failing; however, I am unsure as to where the number 6 fuse is located and what it indicates. Does anyone have any idea of what this could mean?

Also, in terms of replacing the front brakes, has anyone done this one their own and is the removal and replacement of this procedure fairly easy? It?s my first time doing the brakes...

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Reply to
raskuache

Dear No name,

Word is that you can get that code for having a lousy battery , or simply because the ecu did not boot properly. Erase your code and fit a healthy battery. If you are daring..Open up the ECU and check for cracked solder joints whilst reseating all connectors.

Now about your fuse 6 issue...I would check all locations. The wires soldered to the back of the box are delicate, and I have seen many with broken solder joints.

Brakes are simple and straight forward, however, you should open the bleeder before forcing the piston back. The reason for this is to not have debris get into your ABS system and louse it up. There is some foolsh advice going around saying "Clamp the brake line" to prevent backfeed. Doing this can damage the brake hose internally not to mention a possible rupture later on. Just have someone stand on the brakes the entire time you force the piston back and you'll be ok. I would also flush new brake fluid through the entire system at this time starting with the RR,LR,RF,LF.

Have fun!

DieInterim

Reply to
DieInterim