Mark 2 mystery noise

Here's a question about a real Jaguar. When giving my '61 Mark 2 some real Welly in a left hand (and only left hand) corner, or even a bit less stick in a left hand corner and I hit a dip or bump in the road, I get this really loud metal on metal rattattattat sound that I can feel through my feet. I can't see any shiny metal surfaces underneath, all steering bushes and sway bar bushes are near new or new and all ball joints are sound. Any thoughts?

Graham L

Reply to
Graham L

Do I recall the exhaust exits at left rear?

Reply to
Phil

Yes, Phil, but it's the XKR that has the noise coming from the left hand side rear. Mine comes from the front right. Ah... the advances Jaguar has made! But I had a thought during the night: the brake servo tank is in that wheel well. I will check that out today.

Graham L

Reply to
Graham L