New brake pads, still make noise

I replaced the front pads on my 2002 Lancer ES because they were getting worn. The rotors looked good and did not have any "grooves" (still shiny and smooth). Did not have the rotors turned or re-surfaced. Now the right side makes a scraping sound when braking. Almost sounds like metal to metal. On inspection they still look smooth and new. Any ideas what can be done. This is real irritating.

Thanks

GB

Reply to
gray-beard

Are the shims on properly? They can slip and bend. Also check the low brake indicator. Those sometimes get bent too. You will have to take the tire off and the outer caliper, but not the inner. By the time you've read to the bottom of this message, you could have been done. It's that simple.

Reply to
Nobody U. Know

All the shims are there and installed correctly. Low brake indicator is only on the left side, this is on the right. I'm sure it is an easy fix, Just haven't found it yet. Any other ideas? I'll keep looking for the answer.

Thanks again

GB

Nobody U. Know wrote:

Reply to
gray-beard

The low brake indicator should be on both sides and only on one of the two pads per side. If you have two low brake indicators on the left side, that's not correct. If there is only one indicator for all four, you may have been given a mixed set of pads. Prossibly from someone returning them all mixed up. In that case, you will need to take them back and bitch at the parts guy.

Reply to
Nobody U. Know