MPG 3.2 XJ

Are claims of mid 20's MPG true of a 3.2 V6 auto ??

Thanks in advance,

also are the engines strong ( i.e. good for about 150.000 miles? like a Volvo)

StaffBull

I can get 22 round town if I'm careful and 31 on the motorway. 1991 3.2 Sovereign. Mines on 139700 and it's running fine. Just make sure that you change the oil every 3000 miles of you have a high mileage XJ. I'm not sure whether it was on here or a webpage but there are claims that the engines are only just run in at 100K

Reply to
Windy Dyck

We did a thread about 6 months ago asking about engine life and the consensus of opinion then was that the 150,000 to 200,000 miles was the average. The mpg question has also been bounced around and I dont think mid 20's is an unreasonable expectation.

Stu

Reply to
stuart adair

Cheers guy's XJ 3.2 sport it is then!!

I'm looking at a 95 - 98 model and then LPG

Reply to
StaffBull