X- aspirator runs all the time

Hello- I get a constant buzz/hum from inside the dashboard in my 2004 -X. The dealer says it's the aspirator and turns on and off. This one stays on all the time and is annoying. I can turn off the car in the garage and come out the next morning and it's still buzzing. I don't think this is normal, but the dealer's service manager says it is. Do you have any experience or comments about the noisy aspirator? Thanks, Mike from Moriches

Reply to
Mike N.

Ask why it should be running overnight?

A built-in battery drain?

Reply to
T.G. Lambach

Reply to
stuart nadelbach

Or maybe you could just leave a window open and give a listen after a couple of hours. Save you a tough night's sleep fitting across the gear shifter.

Reply to
rascal

Just bought my first Jaguar (X-Type 2.5 SE Auto) and experiencing exactly the same thing. My local dealer's service department and another Jaguar forum both give the answer that you've been given. But will it guarantee a flat battery after two weeks in an airport car park?

Reply to
spike