Question about Jaguar XJS

I'm trying to find out which years the Jaguar XJS came with a 6 cylinder engine.

Also would like to know which years the XJS came with chrome bumpers.

Thanks

__________________________ Mega Man JobCrunchersUnite.com

Reply to
Mega Man

Not sure of alll the years, but I saw a '94 with one.

The same engine as used in my wife's XJ40. Richard H. Kuschel "I canna change the law of physics."-----Scotty

Reply to
Richard Kuschel

Richard, Do you know if that mpdel comes with the black & chrome on the top bumpers?

__________________________ Mega Man JobCrunchersUnite.com

Reply to
Mega Man

To clarify: What I'm looking for is:

Jaguar XJS with:

6 Cylinder Engine Hardtop Rubber & Chrome bumpers (*NOT* the more modern plastic bumpers)

Is there a website that would help me see what's available?

__________________________ Mega Man JobCrunchersUnite.com

Reply to
Mega Man

The plastic bumpers came out in May 91 (UK market) so a 6 cylinder with rubber/chrome was made 84-91. You could look at :

Mark Buying or selling a Jaguar - go to

carman

What you apprently have is the old pre-facelift ('92) XJ-S 3.6. In the States Jaguar only imported about 20 of them around '85 or '86 for evaluation purposes. It wasn;t deemed suitable for the market and they were sold off to Company employees and vendors. These would have had the old style chrome bumpers.

In the US, the 4.0L 6 cyl was introduced beginning 1993 MY. In '93 it was fitted to the entire model run (couldn't get the V12 certified in the USA that year.) The V12 returned in '94.

Reply to
Jerry McG