Re: 2003 S-Type R Leather

Webserve,

>I'm learning there are different kinds of leather. Two common types are >aniline and top coated which require different cleaners, conditioners, and >overall care. Do you know what leather Jaguar uses for their seats? >Thanks, >Mark > >> The best thing you can do for your leather is to NOT take it to a >> detailer, >> but do it yourself. Try
These are the best products >> on >> the market for leather. >> >> Webserve >> >>> I have the ivory interior which is a challenge to keep clean. Can anyone >>> suggest a professional cleaner and conditioner? I live in the Los >> Angeles, >>> CA area so if you can recommend a professional cleaner (i.e. shop), that >>> would also be great. Thanks. >>> >>> >> >> >
Reply to
Bugus Bill

No I don't know what type leather Jag uses since Connelly went out of business years ago and there are very few original Connolly hides left in the world. Connolly was definitely NOT used in your 2003 S-Type. These guys bought up all the remaining hides

Every Jagenthusiast and Rolls/Bentley owner I have met ends up with Leatherique -- eventually.

I do not know the difference in the leathers. When I was looking for leather covered furniture, I was told that the leather used in upholstery is totally different from Auto leather as well.

Webserve

Reply to
webserve