re: helppp solution

Well, I finally found out what was wrong with my Jag,,, My parts guy had gotten me a "resistor pack" that he thought could be causing the problem. But I couldn't figure out where it was on the car. I couldn't even find mention of it in my manual. After tearing everything else apart, I saw a bunch of wires going under the battery, so I pulled the battery and battery pan. Well, it wasn't there either, but there was a inline spade fuse (30 amp) that had corroded apart. Yes, hard to believe, but after replacing the fuse & holder, the engine fired right up!!! I have no idea what that fuse powered, but that was what the problem was. Having run so much raw fuel past the cylinders, I didn't want to run it much, so I pulled the spark plugs and poured a bunch of oil down each cyl. I'll change the oil again tomorrow before starting back up.

Anyway, thanks for all the help. It seems like the simple things can be the hardest to find.

terry

Reply to
Terry Kangas

Glad you found it. It seems that wiring and connections are often responsible for hard to diagnose problems. I didn't think your car had a resistor pack and was pretty sure a resistor pack could not cause your symptoms.

Don Young

Reply to
Don Young

Leave it to Jaguar to put a connector under the battery You would think that after being in business for 70 years that someone would have guessed that its a very corrosive place.

Reply to
JimInsolo