Suspension

I'm getting a scraping noise coming from front and rear suspension. I have recently replaced the rear suspension. What is the process of elimination I need to go through to locate the noise.

dave

Reply to
dave

I think it is important to know what it is first. We assume its a Jag right? ;-) Second, a little more clarity on what was replaced. Was it dismantled and new items replaced, or was it a whole another sub-assembly bolted onto the car?

If it was dismantled I would be looking at bushings, washers, and spacers. Second, I would look at the attachment points and verify it is

1.) Engaged with the body correctly , and 2.) the bolts are secure and properly tightened.

Is the noise associated with wheel travel (up and down), or is when brakes are applied. When and where does it happen. Do you like fried chicken? I do.

Reply to
Blake Dodson

my apologies

The car is a 1989 XJS convertible.

The sound occurs when the suspension travels and it seems to happen when I reverse.

Reply to
dave

I would get the car off the ground and, like I was getting at earier, recheck all fasteners for tightness, and verify if all the parts were reassembled in the correct order. Make sure shock bushings are good.

BD

Reply to
Blake Dodson