2003 C200 Kompressor - Squeaky Suspension?!

Hi everyone!

I have a 2002 C200K and the there seems to be a squeaking/creaking noise coming from the front suspension. I will be taking it back to the dealer on Monday but just wondered if anyone had ever come across this before?

Many thanks, Glenn

Reply to
TPW

If that is the only problem you have with a C200K then you are in luck. Mine's been back to the dealer twenty-five times with problem after problem, many of them squeaking and creaking noises coming from everywhere. I suggest you start keeping a paper record of every trip to the dealer, what was said, how much time you wasted etc. It'll come in handy later when they still haven't fixed your car two years later....

Reply to
Ric

The noise could be from various sources, my E320 also has such a noise - occasionally. I believe it's from the spring not being exactly centered in its rubber pad; this causes a coil of the spring to rub on the lower control arm. It sounds much worse than it is.

Reply to
T.G. Lambach

Anti roll bar bushes, modified parts are available, its a common problem.

Reply to
miknik

Interesting! We have two (2), 2000, C230Ks and had a single 1994, C280 prior to that. These were the are/were the most trouble free cars we have ever owned. Where is the C200K sold? We are in Indiana, USA.

Mike

Reply to
Mike Blake

Just talked to a lexus saleswoman. She proudly told me all her lexus cars have dealer guarantee for trouble-free in the first three years and that that that blah blah blah. That really made me a mecedes owner felt uncomfortable. However, last three years I've been taken my C200 back to dealer for more than 6 times (not for regular service). I really hate toyota and lexus--cheap car for cheapee.

"miknik" news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com