X-type engine performance upgrades?

A friend of mine is looking to do a few motor mods to his X-type. I'm a big motorhead, but I know little to nothing about this car.

He's currently looking at cat-back systems (Remus, Borla), and a intake/filter kit. I figure the exhaust is at least good to free up a little power.

I'm a little unsure about the intake kit, because it looks like the stock airbox utilizes at least a cold-air style intake... if not a mild ram-air setup. The intake kit we saw was your typical K&N style open element kit.

What other mods are available out there?

Any computer/tuning companies?

Thanks,

-marc

Reply to
Marc Westerlind

The biggest gain per dollar is......... da dad da....supercharging. Period.

Cat back = 5HP Chip = 5 Coffe can muffler = -15

;-)Supercharger = 50 +

Blake Dodson

I take back what I said earlier...there are X-type goodies out there!

visit -

Cheers! Blake

Reply to
Blake Dodson

...or talk to Chas at Racing Green Cars -

Regulars may remember I reported on a drive in their Arden-modded X-type a couple of years back.

David Betts ( snipped-for-privacy@motorsport.org.uk) The Classic Car Gallery:

830847103&n98038677

Reply to
David Betts

I had no idea there were S/C kits out there. We were already joking about turbos, but I told him I didn't think there was enough room and I couldn't think of any shop around here capable of plumbing one up. (Southern New England area, US)

Rest assured there will be absolutely no top-fuel wings, fart pipes, or big vinyl graphics on the car. ;)

-marc

Reply to
Marc Westerlind