Suspension and Chip upgrades

I have a 2000 GTI GLX and want to make some modifications to the suspension and also would like to add a chip to get a little extra kick at the lower end of the rpm range.

Suspension - Currently the car has a stock suspension setup and has

205/55's, the wheels are 16.5 inch vw wheels. The rear end of the car sits a little higher than the front. I'd like to lower the rear to get the car level front to back. I'd also like to see if I could get a little more lateral stiffness in the car as well, while also (if possible) maintaining about the same general ride characteristics. Looking for any shock and/or spring suggestions from anyone who has had experience with this sort of mod.

Chip - I'd like to get a little more push at the low end of the rpm range. An overall horsepower boost would not be a bad thing either. Can anyone give me advice on chip mods, perhaps an exhaust and/or intake mod to enhance the Chip's effect???

Any shops in the NJ/NYC area that do VW after market work??

As you can probably tell from my questions, I'm a novice at this sort of thing. Thanks for any help in advance.

Cheers all.

TM

Anyone care to comment at all???

;-)

Reply to
TM

Check out some of the stuff available here:

Biz

You can always start a poll at

Please don't! There are plenty of suspension discussions at vortex. About 75% is trash but some folks actually know their stuff.

I stick a 100 pounds of stuff in the trunk to level things off. It also lets me make a living carrying that stuff around.

I like Bilste>Anyone care to comment at all???

Jim B.

Reply to
jimbehning

AWE Tuning.They are in pennsylvania next to NJ border off of intestate

276.Phone number is 1888 565 2257. They also have webpage AWE TUNING.
Reply to
BIGDETROITD