X-type gearbox fault

Need help.Wife has a 2002 X-type 3.0..She tried to start it today and it would not start.It says gearbox fault.What to do need help please. THANKS,ACE

Reply to
ACE1

Ace,

I looked into this for you, and AUTOWEB has a page of people just like you with the Gearbox Fault. Unfortunately, nothing I found spoke of finding the solutuion to the problem.

So..... I have an "educated guess" for you. Its the crankshaft sensor. Now days one can go down to a good parts house and rent an OBDII scanner and retrieve any codes. I suspect that the crankshaft sensor code will be present.

FWIW, Blake

Reply to
Blake Dodson