X300 Anti Theft System

Vehicle : 1995 XJ6 3.2L

Is there any way to test the factory alarm system on the X300 ? My dealer says there is a factory siren that goes off with the horn, but I suspect that my alarm is faulty and/or not working.

The first press of the big button on the remote locks the doors, and the 2nd press activates the deadlock, and the system does chirp on the 2nd press. I tried to "test" the siren by opening the driver's window, locking the doors with the first press, waiting 1min, then opening the doors through the window. The doors opened but no siren sounded at all.

I did not realise that the "lock" button under the climate control system has a flashing light to indicate the system is armed. My light on the lock button does not flash at all. Could this indicate that the system is not working ?

Reply to
Losiho