XJ6 Model Differences

What are the main differences between the 1991 through 1994 XJ6 Sovereign, VDP and base models?

Reply to
Mega Man

Pam and Chris

trim levels and engines

Reply to
Bill & Peter

Actually, for the most part in the US, the engines were all the 4.0 litre straight 6 cylinder engine through 1994. In the UK the 3.2 litre was available as well. I am not sure what was available in Australia during those years for engines. Keep in mind during a couple of the production years that there was a fourth level superior to even the VDP which was called the "Majestic". Very limited production. Made ONLY in a Burgundy/Maroon color with a Doeskin interior with burgundy piping. Quite a stunning motorcar actually!!

Cheers Webserve

Reply to
webserve

check with jag-lovers.com or the JDHT site. The Daimlers (VPD in US) were the top spec, in some countries there were still options. In Australia the Daimler versions had everything - and because they were priced so expensively here any minor option was usually thrown in by the dealer. In OZ Manuals were not available since 1990 on XJ (unless you were persistent). Cloth seats were never available here on XJ, equipment levels generally were determined by the importer.

Unless you explicitely ordered something and insisted. Things may now change with Ford having taken over the improting here and dealer arrangements changing to more responsive people. Here hoping.

enjoy the XJ

Bill

Reply to
Bill & Peter

There was also the special order "Insignia" version of the 94 Sovereign. Buyers could order special colours, interior (similar to X300), wheels, etc. Each option added about £2000 and if you ordered every option I believe it added about £10000. Most went to the US but I had one in the UK - Burgundy metallic paint, Daimler picnic tables, (X300) interior and wheels.

Mark Buying or selling a Jaguar, go to

carman