XJS vs XJ6 Differentials

What are the similarities/differences between the XJ6 and XJS differentials?

Reply to
Max Christoffersen

differentials?

I don't know the difference between XJS and XJ6 diffs, but I know that people replace the XJ6 diff with the V12 XJ diff when they can. Apparently the V12 pinion has more teeth. Graham

Reply to
Graham L

Well I believe that they are both common Salisbury's, however the the xjs may have the speedo pick-up housing and encoder wheel bolted to the ring-gear. The internals of these are actually Dana 44 and the parts are very common in the 4x4 world.

BD

Reply to
Blake Dodson

Does the XJ12 diff still use in-board disc rotors and similar mounting method to the XJ6?

Max Christoffersen

Reply to
Max Christoffersen

yep. Series III