00 Sport Headlights

Do the sealed beams on the Cherokees dim with age? After 95,000 miles ,6 years I never had to replace one. I will check to make sure they have a good ground. Do they make brighter aftermaker bulbs? Thanks

Reply to
DanFXR

Sometimes the inside of the glass will get a coating of the tungsten from the element.

Yes, there are brighter aftermarket bulbs and they also make replacement glass headlight units in which you use the Xenon H4 bulbs.

On my 2000 XJ I had the replace 6054 headlamp conversion kit ($39/set from Advance Auto) and then I got the Xenon bulbs on eBay to fit in them.

They were a perfect fit for my 2000 and the improvement was amazing.

Reply to
Billy Ray