00 XJ front axle, fix a bend?

I'm rebuilding a totaled cherokee. After replacing the knuckle and lower ball joint I noticed the end casting has a larger distance between the upper and lower ball joints then the other side, 1/4". Can that cast flange be bent back into spec? Is it safe and if so should it be done cold or with heat?

Reply to
SloanHan

L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Bent cast iron is garbage in my opinion.

Mike

SloanHan wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain