'04 Grand Cherokee

Group, my wife and I have our eye on a 2004 Grand Cherokee with 21k miles on it. It has the 4.0L and the full-time transfer-case. The dealer wants $21,710 and Kelly Book says retail is $23,425.

What do you think? Is it worth pursuing?

Debbie & Norm Parsley XJ Couple

2000 Cherokee Classic
Reply to
Norm & Debbie

Norm & Debbie did pass the time by typing:

Low milage, 2004 WJ is a good vehicle, I6 is a strong engine. It should come with the remainder of a 7/70 powertrain and I'd hit them up to add (no charge) both a 5/50 bumper to bumper and a service manual.

You didn't say if it was a Laredo or Limited. Going by the price I'm guessing Laredo.

Reply to
DougW

a little high by about 5 grand.....may be where you live but that same jeep with 4x4 option can be had around $17,000 to &19,000 here in the Dallas Ft Worth area....I have the strait 6 like this model that is the 4.0 engine.....it is a great engine and plenty of power.....good luck and do a car fax search on it before you buy...

Reply to
Mindy

Good solid motor. It is either in 2005 or 2006 where they are going to stop making the Grand Cherokees with the in-line 6's.

I think the price sounds a little high!

They were making some great deals on new ones where you'd have the full warrantee here.

Reply to
Hey There

What options? Leather seats? Sunroof? CD changer? You should be able to get a brand new plain 2004 Laredo for $23000.

There is a $3500 rebate on new 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokees. $1000 additional cash back if you finance with Chrysler.

Find the sticker price of the vehicle. If more than $33,000 you may have a good deal.

Reply to
Uni Skae