'08 Liberty Specs

A friend is looking at an '08 Liberty with the P/T selectrac case and 6-sp manual. We are both curious what type of axle is standard? D44? (OK, stop laughing.) D30? (More than likely.) We both know that the IFS isn't suited well for serious off-roading; mud and snow is all she anticipates. How strong is the IFS on this model?

Reply to
JD Adams

You both know wrong then.

Reply to
XS11E

You are off-topic, and I'm not interested in negative opinions.

Hmmm. After checking your past posts, I find that you have very little to offer this group, so I'm going to add you to killfile-heap. The list is long, but very distinguished.

Reply to
JD Adams

How is correcting a false belief "off-topic"?

And, FWIW, I just offered the group a bit of important information in case there's anyone else who believes that "IFS isn't suited well for serious off roading."

Reply to
XS11E
Reply to
L.W. (Bill) Hughes III

How strong do you think the sheet metal on a rice burner front end is?

God Bless America, Bill O|||||||Omailto: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

Reply to
L.W. (Bill) Hughes III

That would be news to the people who designed the original Hummer!

Jeff DeWitt

Reply to
Jeff DeWitt

The Hum Vee does VERY well in "serious off-roading*" as do many other off road vehicles with independent front or front and rear suspensions. One of those that does is the topic of conversation, the Jeep Liberty. I'm sure the Liberty has it's own unique strengths and weaknesses but if the IFS is one of them, I've not read anything about it so far.

Actually, independent suspension has a bunch of advantages for "serious off-roading", the main drawback I know of is cost of manufacture and probably some increased maintainence costs.

*I would guess desert driving while running over mines and being shot at might qualify as "serious off-roading?"
Reply to
XS11E