16" Wheels Help Please

Hi from the UK

Can anyone confirm that the 16" wheels off a Grand Cherokee with the 245/75R tyres will fit a pre-facelift 95 Cherokee with rear drum brakes.

Regards Derek

Reply to
Derek Tidman

Nope, unless you are talking about an older GC with after market 16"ers

245/75R : tyres will fit a pre-facelift 95 Cherokee with rear drum brakes. : : Regards : Derek : -- : DAT
Reply to
Cherokee-LTD

Beside backspacing issues, I can't imagine why they wouldn't fit.

You are interested in three things, backspacing, bolt pattern, and overall diameter. A 245/75 describes the overall diameter, and the bolt pattern is not changed. The larger rim size will mean less sidewall, and more room around the brake system components. The only thing left that is an unknown is if the backspacing is the same as you already have.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

nope--changed around 99--I bought some 99 GC's to put on son's 95 XJ--no go--sold them & got some 02 Libby's that fit fine. 99 or so GC up is 5 on something metric, I think.

Reply to
PLB49

Straight of a GC factory wheels.

Can you tell me why they don't fit ?