1986 Jeep Greand Wagoneer

I am having a problem with my heater. The unit does not open the vents. The motor works as does the temperature slide. The problem is the top slide does not redirect the air for defrost heat etc. It will switch to air conditioning though. It appears to be vacuum activated and all hoses and port appear fine. Where is the vacuum source for this and how do I reconect it? Thanks in advance.

Reply to
jimmy3stix

Going to be a tedious job, probably most of the vacuum hoses will be cracked as they leave the intake manifold ports on a twenty year old car. God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O mailto: snipped-for-privacy@billhughes.com

Reply to
L.W. (Bill) Hughes III

I'm betting on the servo for the defrost being defunct. You can test these with a cheap vacuum pump and a piece of hose. Gaining access will be the difficult part.

Cheers,

Earle

activated

Reply to