2001 Grand Cherokee Laredo - rotors & tires

I've read about all the problems with Jeep brake rotors, and yup - we've been there at around 30k miles. Now it's 15k miles more & starting with the shaking....

The rotors were turned the last time I was in at 30k, so this time it's gonna be rotor replacement..... Comments on going back to Jeep for replacement, or going to any of the other car service places in the area.... Midas, etc -

Also - need a front end alignment, as the right front tire is worn on one side, and the Jeep pulls to the right. The Jeep has 45k miles on original tires, should we : A - pull the worn for a spare, and use the full size spare ? B - replace both front tires at the same time C - rotate front to back D - other

tnx for the comments and discussion....

Reply to
Phil Schuman

Phil Schuman did pass the time by typing:

Just one.. stay the hell away from midas. I don't know where they get their "ASE" certified monkeys but my and other folks experience with them has been pitiful. They actually tried to convince me of a leak in the rear drum piston, pointing out the teeny bit of assembly lube on the rubber cup. That and one of the monkeys there was going to weld (YES, WELD) on a pin cause "the shoe they gave me didn't have one liek yers doz". Well, DUH, that's because you have the WRONG PART YOU MORON... put the parts back on myself and left. And to think I went there to save a bit of time and could have left with a rolling deathtrap.

Anyhoo, rotors and pads are easy, real easy. NAPA has them. Or you could go stillen if you want to part with the dough.

Which side of the tire, inside/outside?

Gonna need some more information.

2WD or 4WD Transfer case: Limited Slip on rear: Y/N

If the tires never have been rotated then you may be better off getting an alighnment and four new tires. I say that because having oddball sized tires on a Jeep can damage the drivetrain and/or cause "deathwobble" (on the front) All depends on what your drivetrain is.

A little pull right is "normal" on roads that have a steep crown, but on a flat surface you shoud track straight. Have you checked the recalls for your Jeep just be sure there are no suspension/steering issues?

Reply to
DougW