2003 Liberty Right Rear Brake Light

Right rear brake light out. Changed bulb, but bulb is also for reverse and than functions properly. Pulled fluke and test light out. I have 12 v dc at the pin for the brake light and I have a good ground so this is really stumping me. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Reply to
vlinelawn

Examine the contact positions relative to the ears... make sure you have the proper bulb! Went through this with the sister's Honda... looks like an 1157, but it's not! __ Steve .

Reply to
Stephen Cowell

v, Since you pulled out a Fluke to check voltage I'm sure you checked continuity of bulb filaments and cleaned contacts on bulb base. If you still have old bulb compare contact pattern with new bulb. If frustration continures you could always pull matching (opposit) bulb to test socket and compare new bulb. Good luck, Steve in Michigan

Reply to
popeyeball

If the bulb works in another position, and a bulb that works in another position does not work here, then the trouble has to be 1.) voltage to the position, 2.) the ground at the position. The problem could be the contact plate at the bottom ot the socket, this is spring loaded, and could be stuck down so it fails to make contact with the bulb.

Reply to
J Strickland