Rear Brake Light Problem - Need Some Assistance

I have a 2003 Grand Cherokee and I have lost both of my standard rear brake lights. They do not work. I pulled and checked the brake light swithch it
is fine. The little middle brake light works fine too. The turen signals, rear tail lailights and back-up lights all work.
I have pulled and checked the bulbs and they looked fine, but I went and changed them anyway. That didn't fix my problem. The connectors all look good as well. I'm really stumped on this.
I cannot find if the rear brake lights are on their own circuit or not and my owners manual was stolen out of my Grand a couple of months ago. Can anyone offer me any suggestions on what could be the problem?
Appreciate the help!
Any Man
Nat Man wrote:

The only books I have stop at the 99 year. From the 93-99: The rear brake lights are on their own circut with dedicated fuse. If the jeep has a Light Outage Module (idiot box) the wires go though there. But if your turn signals and side markers are working then it's usually not the box or the ground.
Don't know where your fuse block is, but I'd be checking there next.
--
DougW

On Mon, 31 Jul 2006 18:34:11 -0500, "DougW"

The lamp out module in my '93 deals only with the lamps in the rear of the vehicle. It is located inside the fender near the gas filler. No idea how it is set up in the '03. I agree that a fuse is the most likely culprit. On the '93 the stop lamps are also on a separate 15-amp fuse. Good chance it still is on the '03.
Dick
Did you check the fuse? http://www.wjjeeps.com/fuses.htm God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O mailto: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com http://www.billhughes.com /
Nat Man wrote:

It turns out that one burned out bulb apparently lead to the LOM doing a shut down of both brake lights as it read a default. I got the info from a web site, which instructed to do a system re-set by turning the ignition on and off and on again. After I did that, I had working brake lights once again.
Thanks for everyone's suggestions.
Nat Man

brake
it