46RE NSS socket size

I just picked up a '98 GCL 5.9L and surprise! My reverse lights don't work. I've narrowed it down to the neutral safety switch on the tranny (jumping the two outside pins on the harness side lights the lamps). Two questions: What size socket do I need to pull it out? My axle nut sockets are too big and my largest regular sockets are too small. Second question: Does it need to be lined up in relation to the case? Mine is on a slight angle, I'm wondering if maybe it just needs realigned in order for the contacts to line up inside the tranny.

Reply to
SBlackfoot