Cherokee turn sig lamp socket source?

Need replacement sockets for right front turn signal, not the lens, but the bulb holder.

Even though this socket has a molex type connector that lets it be unsnapped from the wiring harness, Jeep wants to sell me a $200 harness. What a way to build brand loyalty!

Does anyone know of an aftermarket supplier that provides more than h\just the plastic lens and body?

Reply to
GCooper

L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Do you actually need the whole socket or just the contacts inside?

The pigtails are only a couple bucks and are easy to find. Generic sockets are also easy to find and special Jeep ones can be had from the wreckers.

At the auto stores, the 'Help' brand of products sells what you need.

I just burned out my high low beam switch and it took the socket out too. 'Help' had a replacement socket for only a couple bucks.

Mike

Mike Romain

Thanks Bill, but I have exhausted the local ones, and so far the distant ones are coming up dry too, surprisingly.

Mike, I need the entire sockets. My som bashed the Jeep's fender on a guard rail and launched the original parts "into the ether."

Reply to
GCooper

I take it your talking about the side marker light, if so look at autozone, napa, your local autoparts store (what ever the name), I even think wally-mart carries them too. If that search is in vain as well, take the old socket into a bone yard and ask them to match it up, lots of cars, trucks and those suvee things use those sockets.

Snow...

Reply to
Snow

I myself ran into the same trouble. Mopar# 4399900 @ $10.00 will get you out of your problem. And if you go to a junkyard it is used on many mopars, ie neon, minivan, dakoda... I just wished someone found the answer before I had spent about 4 week tracking down the result. Much luck, hope is was in time.

Reply to
SloanHan