5-6" lift What brand? ('96 XJ)

I was looking at the RE 5.5" lift for my XJ. I currently have a 4", but it is going to cost me $800 to fix all that is wrong with it. I really want to go higher and now is the time due to things wearing out. The RE will set me back about $1780 due to me needing SYE, CV and a stabilizing shock. Ouch. I am running 31's and hope that will look ok if I go that high. Those tires are not worn out yet.

What other lifts have a good rep?

Curt

Reply to
curt

You were running 4" without an SYE? No wonder there's messed up stuff... __ Steve .

Reply to
Stephen Cowell

Yeah, I only got over 110K miles on the lift and towed all kinds of very heavy overloads for thousands of miles. lol

I have a droped transfer case. It was fine, but my leafs are shot and shocks, and I need a new trackbar.

Curt

Reply to
curt

OK... that changes things. I'd heard not to go over 2" without one (sye). __ Steve .

Reply to
Stephen Cowell

I have a 4" lift i installed 2 years ago and run 31 x 10.5 and with a 1" xfer drop. never had a problem and have an almost unnoticable vibration. john

99 tahoe 2000xj classic 1988 xj lifted 4" 89 bronco now being modified

Reply to
johnny