81 CJ7 wipers not working

That's the question, how do I get them woking, they have worked since I bought it last year, sometimes, but now not at all, what is the most likely problem? I replaced all the gounds trying to fix my temp/fuel gauges so it's not ground, at least not in the battery/engine/frame/dash area that is. Also any more help on these gauges would be a help too, fuel worked up intill I filled it up last month, temp has never worked or moved, now they both move to full/hot.

Reply to
Greg

I would first run a booster cable from the battery negative to the wiper motor itself. I had to wire mine direct. My hinges decided they didn't want to be a good ground anymore.

Moving to full hot means the voltage regulator in the gas gauge has given up. The gauges work on 5 volts.

Here is a site on them:

You 'can' replace the regulator with an electronic one. I attached one to the strap that goes between the gauges and they worked for a while. (I have a bad internal connection so my gauges only see 3 V most of the time no matter which regulator is being used. Gotta take it apart one day.)

Mike

Greg wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

The over center issue is just with the shitty after market frames Bill.

The damn hole isn't in the right place on the driver's side. I fixed mine for 4 years using a washer as a brace but it died a month ago so I cut the hole and a 3"x6" chunk out of my old OEM frame and just bolted the thing on mine so I now have a solid hole in the right place.

Mike

"L.W.(ßill) Hughes III" wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Yet another useless anal response..

Reply to
Jerry

Reply to
Jim85CJ

Oh look. It's Bill's bitch again...

Reply to
bllsht

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Reply to
bllsht

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Reply to
bllsht

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Reply to
bllsht

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Oh could you give me the same threat too.. If your up for a 2-3 day drive..

Reply to
Jerry

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III