86 Jeep Cherokee next problem

Hi Guys, I'm back. Now that the overheating problem seems to be solved I am off to tackle another problem with this vehicle. It has a 4-150 engine with a throttle body injection system. There seems to be a hesitation and sluggish pickup in the RPM when starting at a low idle. If I rev it up past a point the engine seems to have great pickup. Just starting low or letting the engine get below a certain RPM in before downshifting will cause the engine to have a sluggish pickup. Staying above that RPM point and it pickups great. Might anyone have any suggestions? Also found a black module Velcro-ed to the underside of my dash that seems to be unconnected. Its about 1 1/2 by 2 1/2 and has female blade type contacts on both ends, Would anybody know what it is and does? Do I need it? Thanks Don Smith

Reply to
Don Smith

Sounds like a leftover car alarm system. Nick

Reply to
Nick N

It's for your intermittent wipers. At least it is on my 85 Cherokee.

Eric

Reply to
Eric Shade

Reply to
Will Honea

Thanks Eric. You are right. I found it in my Jeep Cherokee electrical book. Looks like they just bypassed it by connecting the two connectors together.. will check it out tomorrow. thanks again Don

Reply to
Don Smith

It means you are being tracked by the CIA. Hope you like Cuba.

Reply to
Jay Stuler

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III