Decisions Decisions - Axles

Decisions.. Decisions.. After reading on here and on some websites... My D35 is about worthless.. Money being a factor.. I thought about having it rebuilt and put in a Super 35 upgrade.. So I took it to a person here that is THE authority on differential rebuilds and repairs.. The price to just rebuild the D35 with a new ring and pinion was going to cost about $900... OUCH!!! My differential is still ok, but I was going to have it rebuilt before the Super 35/Locker upgrade... So I was looking at a total around $2000... I found a brand new Currie Dana 44 with locker for about $2400.. Still high for me... I found a website that was posted for Ford 8.8 rearend for $950.. They are brand new.. The site is

Has anyone ever used these rearends?? How well do they hold up?? I know they are better then the D35.. Should I save some more cash and get the D44..

Thanks for any info,

Ben

95 YJ 2.5L
Reply to
Ben

L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Ben, you're being ripped off if he quoted $900 just to install a new R&P set together with all the necessary shims and bearings. The 8.8 is a good choice for a replacement rear-end.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Bransford

they are also stronger than a dana 44 john

Reply to
johnny

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III