88 Jeep Comanche Stalling

Hi, I would like to recap my stalling problem. My 88 Comanche was starting then would immediately stall. I tried just about every tip or suggestion that I received from your reply posts, but to no avail. I replaced the computer (with one from the junk yard), tried a ballast resistor, swapped around (and jumpered out) the relays, new fuel pump....and on and on and on....... I finally fixed it by replacing the ignition switch (also with one from a junk yard) . I guess that would be about the last item on the list to replace according to the symptoms I was getting, but isn't that always the case. Thanks again for all the helpful suggestions......... Ed

Reply to
Ed

Thanks for letting us know, that is a strange one though.

Did you open the old switch to see what had fried?

Usually when I see switch issues, it went out of adjustment. This can arc them out or break contacts.

Mike

Ed wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain