90YJ rear door tire mounting

does anybody know what the "weak" point in the tire mounting is, the tire-bracket-? the tire-bracket mounting to the door-? the door-? the door hinges?

im thinking of beefing it up, running angle iron from the hinges over to the tire-mounting bracket, then building a 2-light-bicycle rack off the 31inch spare,

thanks, johnp

Reply to
Dirty Ditch Dawg

L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Bill, far as i can tell my whole doors metal, wheres the plastic?? my outside and inside shell is metal,,

johnp

Reply to
Dirty Ditch Dawg

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

no but ive got a nice big dent in it, but ill do that in the morn,,,

Reply to
Dirty Ditch Dawg

BILL< my son just ran a magnet around it, its all metal inside and out, , so is it tough enough?? , johnp

Reply to
Dirty Ditch Dawg

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

nope no rust, the whole jeeps pritty much rustfree, none on any of the body, and very,very little on frame, , got lucky when i bought it, it was taken care of, cept for one small crash, then they sold it, to me,

johnp

Reply to
Dirty Ditch Dawg

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

so, is it tough enogh to handle two bikes? off the spare?

johnp

Reply to
Dirty Ditch Dawg

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

My fenders tore away from the floor from having a heavy spare on there.

Mike

Dirty Ditch Dawg wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain