Please explain different type of lifts shackle suspension ect...

I think in general I understand a body lift, but how are shackle and supension lifts performed? Is there a site that explains the differences in detail?

Wazz00

Reply to
updawaz00

L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Body Lift - raises the body off the frame by adding lift blocks. Spring Lift - replacement springs or re-arching stock leaf springs Add-A-Leaf - adding a single leaf to the spring pack (leaf spring only) Shackle Lift - using longer than stock shackles for lift (leaf spring only) Lift Blocks - adding a block between the axle and spring for lift (leaf spring only) Coil Spacers - adding a spacer between the spring and body (coil spring only)

-Brian

Reply to
Cherokee-Ltd