'91' XJ: R&R rear bumper

Anyone got any gotchas or advice on R&R'ing the rear bumper on a '91' XJ? The bumper has a nice crease in it where I backed into a parking pole that was in my blind spot AND below the window height of the rear liftgate window. I'm hoping to hit up a junkyard and get a matching bumper. Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Bill L

I have both Haynes and Chilton's for your year... the Chilton's doesn't even mention it, and the Haynes glosses over it pretty quickly. Should be obvious. __ Steve .

Reply to
Stephen Cowell

Very simple bolt on replacement. Be sure the donor is '84-'96. Should be plentiful in the junkyards, but may be cheaper or even free if you ask around your local Jeep club for someone who just upgraded.

Steve

Bill L wrote:

Reply to
Steve

Yea. Its super easy unless you have the factory hitch. then it becomes just kinda easy. KH

Reply to
Kevin in San Diego

Reply to
tim bur