94 Grand Cherokee V-8 Turns over then stalls

Hi all,

I'm not a mechanic or mechanically inclined, so please keep this dumbed down!

I have a '94 Jeep Grand Cherokee, V8. It's green and automatic. Out of the blue, it stopped running. It turns over fine, falters, and when I put it into gear, it dies. I also noticed some liquid coming out of the tailpipe, and more exhaust than usual.

Any ideas? Could this be a simple fix? How much should it be to repair? Can I do it myself?

Thanks!!

feel free to email me directly with suggestions.

Reply to
Steve B

L.W.(ßill)

Took it to a mechanic. Turns out the fuel injection system needed to be cleaned. $39 for parts, $68 for labor.

Better than the 1 grand I was thinking it would be!!

Thanks!

Reply to
Steve B

Reply to