94 Wrangler Sahara grinds during shifting

I replaced the clutch master and slave still grinds not sure where to go from here.

Reply to
Brad

I will fire up the ol crystal ball here....

Maybe you are describing the throw out bearing going bad? If so I would live with it and just shift fast until I needed a clutch.

But, if it grinds when going into gear, then more likely you have not enough of or the wrong fluid in there. The syncros fail if you use the wrong stuff.

Or if you cross water, you could have a tranny full of water seeing as Jeep doesn't put a high water vent on the tranny, only the diffs and t-case.

Or if you have been mud running, maybe the tranny is full of mud via the same vent. (have seen that several times, looked like diarrhea coming out the drain)

Mike

Mike Romain

Reply to
M Warren

I will also contribute to check the fluid shortly after driving. I had a problem where I checked my fluid cold and it looked fine, but the tranny developed some grinding, so I checked it again but hot. It was that nasty watery brown. I can only figure the water settled to the borrom after sitting for a while.

Matt

Reply to
M Warren