95 GC Loredo shuts off @ idle in hot wheather

Hey All, I am new here so if I seem like it please forgive me....Here is my question; I have a 95 GC I6 4.0 that likes to shut down (only @ idle) on hot days when I have been sitting in traffic. Usually if I let it sit for a short period and pull the positive battery cable off for a few seconds it will restart after a couple of tries. I have replaced all plugs, wires, rotor, distr. cap, battery, coil and idle control unit. Anyone got any suggestions.......computer?? Thanks, Brian

Reply to
bkhawk27

bkhawk27 did pass the time by typing:

For being new you got the first post right. Model, year, engine, and problem with what you have tried. If all the new posters would do that.. :)

Heat can cause all sorts of problems with sensors. But first, have you pulled the codes?

My first thought is the CPS Crankshaft Position Sensor but get the codes first.

You said you replaced the IAC motor, but have you cleaned the throttle body idle air passage?

DougW

Thanks for the fast reply, I did clean the throttle body and cavity and it does seem that the IAC is working as it does adjust when I turn on the AC ect. I am getting a code 11. I did check for vac leaks and also replaced the Camshaft Position Sensor........I think you might be right about the CPS.

Reply to
bkhawk27