96 Grand Cherokee finicky power lock

I have a '96 Grand Cherokee, recently the rear drivers side door lock has become very finicky. It usually takes a few tries before it actually unlocks. You can hear it move but it does not do anything. It makes the same sound as if it is already unlocked and you try to unlock it again. It seems to happen more when I use the key-fob ranther than the master control on the drivers door. Any ideas?

Reply to
aGraham

aGraham did pass the time by typing:

Yes, the mechanism and linkages are full of crud. Better clean it before the solenoid burns out.

Reply to
DougW