Can I disable 1998 Nissan Altima Power Door Lock

My husband recently replaced the radio in my 1998 Altima. Now the power door locks do not unlock automatically. Actually, I hate the auto lock feature. I don't want the doors to lock unless I choose to lock them. Often I am in the car with it running and need to just jump out and run back into the house for something. I always try to open the door and then realize I have to unlock it first. Now I have to unlock it even when I have already shut the car off. I am happy to lock the doors manually, when I want it locked.I live in the country, keep the car garaged and don't really need power locks!

Reply to
aloevera

Odd. My wife has the same 1998 Altima and there doesn't seem to be any auto-lock feature. The doors lock only when we tell them to.

I get the feeling that some wiring went screwy in the radio installation and it affected the power door locks. Check that.

CD

Reply to
Codifus