2000 Windstar power locks

Didn't see anything in the archives on this one:

2000 Windstar LX, 75K miles. I bought it used. About 20K ago the power doors locks stopped working - not all at once but 1 or 2 at a time. When I hit "unlock" on my remote only one door unlocks. The only way the power locks work is by hitting the button on inside of the door. Also, I used to be able to insert my key, turn it once to unlock my door and turn it twice to unlock them all - that doesn't work any more either. Any ideas what is going on here?

FWIW: I've got a '91 Honda Civic with fewer problems and 239K. Sheesh!

Thanks for any help - it is appreciated.

Reply to
testy

When I

If you hit the button once, only the drivers door unlocks; hit the button twice to unlock all doors. this is the way all Ford RKE systems work, as far as I know. If your transmitter doesn't work, try replacing the battery in it. Also, I used to be able to insert my key, turn it once to unlock my door and turn it twice to unlock them all If the key unlocks the door, but the power option doesn't work, could be the switch on the inside of the door attached to the lock cylinder.

I've got a '91 Honda Civic with fewer problems

Fewer problems than a weak key fob battery and a lock switch? Sheesh indeed!!!

Reply to
Ted