97 TJ Engine Error Code

Hello,

I just recently replaced my engine in my 97 TJ the old one blew!.. Almost everything is ok except. My check engine light came on once or twice and cut back off after a few days.. I did the ignition thing and got a code 25 A shorted or open condition detected in one or more of the idle air control motor circuits. Actual idle speed does not equal target idle speed.

It is idling a little funny. When I come to a stop it takes the engine a few exra seconds to idle down. When I just crank up the jeep it is fine. It is only after I slow down to a stop. It is a little high for a few seconds then it goes down to normal. Any ideas?

Thanks! Shawn

Reply to
TSP

L.W.(ßill)

My I6 idles "a little high" at 1000 rpm for about 2 seconds then drops to

700 rpm ; have never thought much of it. Idle when moving ( coasting in neutral ) is about 1000rpm presumably because of some air being forced into the inlet manifold and the computer adjusts the fuel accordingly.

Post some numbers..

Dave Milne