97 ZJ with 318

yesterday, while at a stop light, I noticed my oil pressure gage dropped down to zero. When I rev up the engine the gage would read normal (over

40). Let it idle and it now drops to zero. If I take it out of gear (neutral or park) the gage would read normal for idle (just below 40). Question: where would I find the oil pressure switch on the 318. I can find the oil level switch on the pan but I am not sure where the pressure switch is. Any ideas with a good drawing or photo would help Tanx
Reply to
mikl

It is located at the top rear of the engine behind the intake manifold next to the distributor.

Reply to
Coasty

mikl did pass the time by typing:

if it's like the 4.0, it will be located by the oil filter, but I think it might be up by the distributor like the other 318 blocks. Should look like

DougW

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Reply to