98 cherokee sport upkeep

well i sold my sahara and still have my cherokee sport six cyl auto. just turned 100,000. what do i need to do to keep her going forever guys. thanks john jr

Reply to
john

Lots of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ :)

Snow...

Reply to
Snow

just change the oil regularly :)

Reply to
J. Sprauer

Well, do all the stuff in the owner's manual too! I have heard mentioned flushing the brake fluid now and then, and the power steering fluid too. A used car dealer I bought a few cars from swore by it. I never had a power steering failure in any car I bought from him either. The vehicle ought to be good for another hundred thousand with regular maintenance, but after that you are going to be rebuilding stuff. It's cheaper than new car payments, if you do it right.

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

Replace the radiator and thermostat? Oh darn, that was mine.

Seriously though, flush and replace every type of fluid it has (brakes, power steering, transmission, transfer case, et al.)

Keep up with the oil changes

Don't overheat it

take it out for a small mudbath every once in a while, they really like that .

Drifter "I've been here, I've been there..."

Reply to
Drifter

Routine maintenance should be enough. If you haven't flushed the fluids (brake, steering, trans, transfer case, axles) it would be a good time to do so now. Especially if you go off-road or have been doing so...

My '98 XJ has been very reliable since day one... yeah there have been some nagging problems with a rattle here and there and a few electrical glitches... other than those though it has never failed to start, get me where I am going and then back again.

I just treated it to a complete suspension overhaul recently. Currie upper & lower Johnny Joint control arms, OME coils up front, Currie Trac Bar, Rancho RS9000 shocks and a complete Deaver Springs rebuild in the rear. JKS BPE's, Currie Tail Shaft conversion and boy has the ride is now great... the Jeep is fun to drive again :)

Next is a Currie rear end with disk brakes...

-- Taylor

'03 Audi S6 Avant '05 Mazda6 Wagon GT '98 Jeep Cherokee Sport

Reply to
Just Taylor