98 GRAND CHEROKEE BATTERY BEING DRAINED

Well Matt Sorry that I have only been an operations director at several aerospace firms, including General Dynamics and Litton, which included responsibility for test and calibration labs. Apparently, my aerospace experience doesn't match your education. Oh, did I mention that early in my quality engineering career I performed product audits on spacecraft that landed on the moon? With that background, how could I possibly know anything about something as simple as a lead-acid battery?

If you want to learn something, instead of just arguing, pay attention to the post by DougW above. Pay particular attention to the discharge curves which show clearly that battery voltage DROPS as it discharges.

Dick

Reply to
Dick

Well Dick

As I said I have no intentions of flaming any one, I'm just talking from first hand experience. If sitting in an office as a director gives you first hand knowledge than good for you. Really can't top a trip to the moon Cliff yer I mean Dick. I only started the thread looking for some help, and you sure have offered up quite a bit so I want to say thanks for all your insight. I'll be starting a new thread on the electrical problem be looking for your comments.

Reply to
JEEPR

AutoZone and Advance Auto Parts will check your battery and charging system for free. You just need to ask..

Reply to
Billy Ray

Being a supervisor/manager/director is not all sitting in offices. For example, when I set up a calibration laboratory in one of my facilities which would be traceable to the then National Bureau of Standards, I did it all. Determined the equipment required, helped install it and trained the technicians. As a quality assurance manager I wrote all the procedures for the q.a. manual. When problems developed in customer's products for a commercial company, it was me that went out into the field with equipment to do the repairs. I didn't start out as a director. I worked my way up the hard way getting my hands very dirty along the way. I did most of it with only a high school education, which included becoming a rated, flying officer in the Air Force. I didn't graduate from college until I was

  1. It is also very difficult to be a good director of anything unless you already know a lot about it.

I am only trying to help someone who has asked for help. I worked for

40 years before I retired, and I enjoy passing on what I have learned along the way to others who may not have had the experience or education that I have been exposed to in my career. I can't force anyone to accept help.

Dick

Reply to
Dick

Reply to
mic canic

'They' made a whole mess of computer chips that will blow up with that meter Bill. 'They' decided you need a DMM (digital multimeter) to work on the new electronics.

Mike

"L.W.(ßill) Hughes III" wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Lead acid in aircraft must be light aircraft, all big boys have nicad's.

Snow...

Reply to
Snow

Damn, just 'beered' another keyboard....

LOL!

Mike

"L.W.(ßill) Hughes III" wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Just wait 'till Bill posts a link to a picture...

:)

Reply to
John Sevey