AFTER INSTALLING NEW IDLE CONTROL UNIT IT STILL IDLES AT 2200 AFTER WARM UP. W

WHAT ELSE CAN I DO?

DECKSLIDER wrote:

Punt?
I have no idea
1) what vehicle you are dealing with 2) what your original problem was
This is rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys not a forum on some website.
Without any other information I would say if your vepickle is older than 2000 it's likely a leak under the throttle body that is allowing more air in, a stuck idle air passage, or gum preveng the throttle from closing properly.
--
DougW

On 3/26/2015 11:18 AM, DECKSLIDER wrote:

It may be vacuum leaks or the throttle position sensor got knocked out of adjustment.
Best method I've found is to measure the input voltage between the black (- or ground) and the grey (+ or input voltage) then calculate 16% of that reading and adjust the voltage between the blue and black wires to that figure.
You'll need to back probe the connector to get the readings.
Using this method I've obtained 500-750 rpm hot idles right off the bat 800-900 cold idles.
Budd